Delicious sugar-free chocolate and banana cake for when you’re craving a sweet treat! Super easy and make and perfect for the whole family.
A delicious healthy pregnancy treat – this cake gets its sweetness from the bananas and a modest amount of honey.
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup natural Greek yogurt
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup good quality dark chocolate roughly chopped
Chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (optional)
Small amount of coconut oil for greasing the baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 350º F / 180 ºC
- Use the coconut oil to grease the baking tin
- Combine the bananas, Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and peanut butter in a food processor (or use a large bowl and a hand blender). Blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix well
- Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and fold into the mixture
- Add the grated chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the cake into the prepared tin. Sprinkle addition chocolate chips on top of the cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and test with a skewer. It should come out clean (although we actually like this one slightly gooey in the centre!)
Cool and eat or serve warm with an extra dollop of Greek yogurt.