Chocolate brownie made with black beans!
Chocolate cravings but don’t want to ruin your healthy pregnancy diet?! You NEED TO try these delicious brownies made with black beans… the perfect sweet treat!
425g can of black beans drained and thoroughly rinsed
2 tbsp cocoa powder
½ cup of quick cook oats
½ cup of chopped dates
½ cup of honey (or use maple syrup)
¼ cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp of baking powder
½ cup of dark chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate
Pecan nuts to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350F – 180C
- Grease a 7” square baking tin with a little coconut oil.
- Combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips and the pecan nuts in a food processor until they are well-blended and completely smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking tin and spread evenly.
- Arrange the pecan nuts over the top.
- Cook in the oven for 15-18 mins until firm (adjust the cooking time if you prefer your brownies a bit squidgy). Leave to cool in the tin before cutting and serving.
These make a great dessert served warm with frozen yogurt or a dollop of mascarpone cheese.