Want a pregnancy recipe that’ll give you an energy boost packed with prenatal vitamins?! Try these apple oat muffins for a tasty addition for your pregnancy diet
This recipe comes courtesy of ‘Food for Fitness’ and is a useful snack to keep on standby as part of your healthy pregnancy diet. The oats provide slow release energy thanks to their soluble fibre content, making them a perfect pre-exercise snack, or take one to work for a mid-morning energy boost!
175g (6oz) self-raising flour
125g (4oz) oats
125g (4oz) light brown sugar
½ tsp salt
1tsp baking powder
4 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
250 ml (9fl oz) milk or buttermilk
125g (4oz) grated apple
- Heat the oven to 190C
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases (this recipe makes 12 muffins).
- Mix together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the oil, vanilla, egg and milk in a separate bowl or jug and stir into the dry ingredients. Fold in the grated apple.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until firm to the touch and light brown in colour.
Try adding a generous handful of sultanas to the dry ingredients. These are even more delicious served warm.