Looking for a yummy, healthy pregnancy snack? Our Oatie Bars are a simple addition to your healthy pregnancy diet and ideal pre-workout fuel!
These delicious bars are full of fruit, nuts and oats, making them ideal for a quick burst of energy before or after your pregnancy workout. Dates are surprisingly good as part of your pregnancy diet – they are high in potassium and contain plenty of fibre whilst brazil nuts are full of selenium – essential to support your immune system.
115gms unsalted butter
2 tbsps golden syrup
1 egg beaten
85gms ground almonds
115gms chopped dates
55gms chopped brazil nuts
85gms rolled oats
25gms sesame seeds
25gms of crushed flaxseeds
- Lightly grease an 18cm square shallow baking tin with butter and preheat the oven to 1800
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature (slightly soften it in the microwave if not!) and beat it with the golden syrup until creamy.
- Add the beaten egg and the ground almonds and mix well.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Press into the tin and cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool on a baking tray before cutting into squares.
For extra pregnancy nutrition, add more fruit! 55gms or so of chopped apricots or a handful of goji berries works well and makes these tasty bars even tastier!