Relax, Stretch & Breathe Pregnancy Yoga
This class uses gentle yoga-based exercises and stretches to prepare you for birth.
As well as classic yoga poses, you'll focus on positions for labour, breathing and relaxation techniques. The class is suitable for you from 12 weeks pregnant all the way until you give birth, regardless of your fitness level. No experience of yoga is necessary.
The class is a time to relax, focus on your new baby and think about your wishes for the birth, with practical tips and plenty of time to ask questions. It’s also a great opportunity to meet other expectant mums.
- Reduced aches and pains
- Improved quality of sleep
- Improved posture and body awareness
- Better bonding with unborn baby
- Increased confidence approaching birth
- Boosted ability to cope with labour
Classes are taught by NCT Specialist Practitioners who have undergone extra training in teaching physical skills. Our practitioners are passionate about enabling women to have a positive experience of pregnancy and birth.
Mother & Baby Yoga
A unique and fun postnatal yoga class designed for mum and baby.
Here is a wonderful opportunity for you as a new mum to ease your way back into exercise after the birth of your baby. Discover how yoga can help you stretch, strengthen and tone your body.
Whether you are new to yoga or reconnecting with it, these classes will restore your sense of wellbeing. Just be sure you have had your six/eight week check from your GP before starting.
The sessions include gentle yoga for your baby so you can practise together. Music and rhymes throughout the class creates a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Benefits of Mother and Baby Yoga:
- Strengthening and toning your muscles, especially abdominals, pelvic floor and back.
- Encouraging you and your baby to find time and space for relaxation.
- Using the breath to increase calm and confidence.
- Improving your sleep.
- Promoting understanding of your baby's development.
- Engaging and bonding with your baby.
Classes are run by NCT Specialist Practitioners who have undergone extra training in teaching postnatal mother and baby yoga and relaxation.